Monday, February 07, 2011

Meeting My Hero!

Today I met Ree Drummond, The Pioneer Woman at a book signing in downtown Los Angeles. It was so exciting. I couldn't believe I got a chance to meet my hero!

I took off work at noon and met up with my friend Kasey & baby Cole and we drove into the "big city" for the event. We picked up our wristbands, bought our copies of "Black Heels To Tractor Wheels" and then spent the afternoon walking around The Grove.
It was a beautiful sunny afternoon and Cole was a real trooper! He endured the long afternoon/evening without complaining. We got in line around five, the book signing started at six and we made it up to the front of the line just after seven. Ree is such a sweet woman! She spent time chatting with each of us and posed for several pictures. I am so glad I got to go!

1 comment:

michael and abby said...

This is really neat Ruth. I am glad you got this chance...
I know how much you like her!