Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A Little Sand In My Pocket From Another Rainy Day...

Today ended with a beautiful sunset and pretty clouds. However, this morning was a different story. As I was getting ready for work I looked out the window and noticed that the rain that had begun to fall late last night was still lingering around. It looked cloudy and cold. I'm not really a big fan of rainy weather because it makes me feel melancholic. I dug out my umbrella and raincoat from the closet and when I put my hand in the pocket and found 12 Euros. In the other pocket I felt a little bit of sand at my fingertips. Then I remembered... This is the raincoat I wore the day we were drove to Normandy last November. This was a little bit of sand from Omaha Beach. All of the sudden a flood of memories came rushing back. That day was also a cold, rainy day and also a very melancholic day. One that I'll never forget.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Love that last photo Ruth, beautiful