Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day

I have to admit that one of my least favorite holidays of the year is Valentine's Day. I just don't like to be reminded by everything and everyone that I don't have a special someone to celebrate it with. So this year in an attempt to try and not focus on it as being "Singles Awareness Day" but to focus on different kinds of love I was inspired to make some "love banners". I looked for a few verses for inspiration

"Love one another" John 13:34-35

"Love never fails" I Corinthians 13: 8

"Faith, Hope & Love" I Corinthians 13:13

I picked up some pretty craft paper that was on sale at Michael's and a packet of letter templates and got to work.
I was hoping to get all three done but I just got two of them done. One is hanging in my dining room and the other I mailed off to me best and dearest friend Emily. (I actually forgot to take a picture of the one I mailed but maybe Em will send me a picture of it in her house.)
Hope your Valentine's Day was great and if you had someone special to celebrate it with let them know and never take it for granted. Maybe some day I'll be able to celebrate too!

No comments: