Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Variation On A Favorite

This evening when I was deciding what to cook for dinner I opted for a variation on one of my favorites. So instead of making my standard fresh tomato, garlic and basil pasta I tweaked it a bit. I'll call this one fresh spinach, red pepper and garlic pasta. Here is a step by step of how I made it.Begin by cooking pasta according to the directions. I like to use whole wheat pasta. In a dutch oven saute four chopped garlic cloves and half a cup of diced onion in 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
Add the diced roasted red peppers and cook over medium heat for about a minute.
Add a bag of fresh spinach and stir around until it's wilted.Next add salt, crushed red pepper to taste.
Turn off heat and add the goat cheese.
Drain and serve the pasta and put a big spoonful of the spinach on top.
Top with some grated Parmesan cheese and enjoy!

No comments: