Monday, January 24, 2011

To beef or not to beef... that is the question...

The last couple of years I had practically quit eating beef. It is not that I didn't like beef but I began to dislike the flavor of what was available in the grocery stores, I was trying to watch what I ate, and I was just kind of grossed out by all the hormones and antibiotics that are used on the beef.

Well after a hiatus from beef I think I'm back! I recently found a great source of organic, grass-fed beef. Meet Rocky Mountain Organic Meats:


"Rocky Mountain Organic Meats offers the finest Certified Organic grass-fed beef and grass-fed lamb in the country. All of our meats are 100% grass-fed and grass-finished and come from the best cattle and sheep country the Rocky Mountains have to offer. Our livestock is raised the old-fashioned way; no steroids or growth hormones, no antibiotics and no grain. Our only additives are clean water, lush grasses and fresh air resulting in lean and delicious organic grass-fed beef and lamb. Only a leaner beef higher in Omega-3 fatty acids and raised the way nature intended is good enough for our family. Serve it to your family or friends and feel good again about eating beef."Last week I put in my order which promptly arrived in just 2 days. It was nicely packed and arrived frozen. I was excited about trying it out! My nieces who were visiting for the weekend gave the hamburger patties, beef breakfast sausage and the beef sticks rave reviews!
Last night I put the chuck roast in the dutch oven for a couple of hours then transferred it to the slow cooker. I woke this morning to the delicious aroma of pot roast! No need to worry about what to make for dinner tonight. (I used the Pioneer Woman's Perfect Pot Roast recipe here.)They offer great customer service too. When I contacted them about a question I had regarding my order I talk to Rod (the big guy himself)! He was quite friendly, courteous and answered all my questions. Thanks Rod and Alan! If you care about the beef you eat I encourage you to give them a try today!

No comments: