Saturday, June 12, 2010

11th Amica Downtown Anaheim 5K That is the race I decided to run in on the spur of the moment last night! My neighbor Bill mentioned he and his daughter were going to be participating and asked if I'd like to run too. Well, sure why not! Although I haven't been running for over a year! So we got up before the sun and drove to downtown Anaheim. The race started promptly at 8 AM and I think there were close to 2000 participants. I wasn't sure I'd run the whole way but I paced my self at a nice and easy jog and made it all the way in about 37 minutes. It's always pretty exhilarating to cross a finish line with everyone cheering!
Official Results:
Place:785 (out of 1158)
Time: 36:52.4
Pace: 11:54

1 comment:

Kimberley said...

Congrats! I wish I was in good enough shape to make a last minute decision to run a marathon! Running isn't one of my finest points, but I sure would like to give a race like this a try!