Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Busy Summer!
Summer has been flying by and I've been so busy that I haven't even had time to post here in a few weeks. So to catch up a little... A few weekends ago I volunteered with Soldiers' Angels at the annual Cook's Corner Chili Cookoff. All proceeds were donated to Soldiers' Angels, a non profit organization supporting our troops. Although I missed the photo op for the OC Register I made it into the Trabuco Canyon News (go to page 16). The next weekend I helped Laura paint the murals and backdrops for Adventure Week at Grace. The theme this year was Kingdom Quest. It was a fun day of drawing and painting but my knees were sore at the end of the day! I took a few days off work to have a long 4th of July Holiday weekend. First drove down and spent a few days in Imperial with the family and celebrated David's 12th birthday.


We had fun decorating, eating, watching soccer games, shopping and spending time together. Next I was off to Arizona where I spent a great weekend with the rest of my family. The weather wasn't too hot (under 100) and we made the most of it by spending hours in the pool. For lunch on Sunday Greg grilled some wonderful steaks!
Work has been slowing down a bit and we have been following the World Cup by having everyone choose their favorite teams. Today I watched the Spain vs. Germany game with mixed feelings. My heart wanted Spain to win but my logic was telling me Germany would win. Well, after much anxiety the team full of heart and soul prevailed much to my delight! GOOOOAAAALLLL!!!!! Yes, I really get into these games! Who will win the final on Sunday???

1 comment:

g said...

My brain says Netherlands but my heart says Spain. HAHA! Well, in this case friendship trumps, so I am routing for the oranje team! Hup Holland Hup!