Monday, December 01, 2008

A Happy Thanksgiving
On Wednesday afternoon with my pies baked and safely stored in the cooler Grace, Jon and I loaded up my truck and drove down to Imperial. We caught a little rain along the way but otherwise it was a nice drive down only hitting some bad traffic on I8 as we were leaving San Diego. It is so wonderful to be able to get together for this special day! I think this was the first time in 18 or 20 years that we were all having Thanksgiving together. What a blessing! Also joining us for dinner were Frank, Jon's parents, Greg's mom, Monica's friends from Georgia. The grand total was 24 =) From ham & turkey, to the green beans and mash potatoes we all had a delicious meal. After dinner we took a nice walk around the neighbourhood to a little park. The kids (and kids at heart) had a fun time playing together at the play ground. Later we all played some card games and dominoes and had round two of pie and ice cream. Friday morning the Martins and Lozanos took off for San Diego for the day and Grace, Jon and I headed on to Yuma for the weekend. We had a lot of fun hanging out, eating, playing pool and enjoying each others company. After the kiddos were in bed the adults played some Poker. (My first time!) So there I am trying to remember what all the hands are and all the rules and some how I ended up winning every ones chips in the end! I don't know if the boys liked that too well ;) Saturday morning I went with Greg and Donna to watch Alyssa do a small performance of her part in the Nutcracker. She is dancing the part of Clara which she did beautifully. I am looking forward to seeing the whole thing in a few weeks when I return. Sunday was the first day of advent. The pastor spoke on the meaning and importance of keeping the perspective and meaning of the season in our hearts as we get ready to celebrate Christmas. When I woke up Sunday morning there was a song going around in my mind... "T'is so sweet to trust in Jesus". I think this has been one of the best Thanksgivings I have had. I am so thankful to the Lord for my family and friends who give me so much happiness and love. Click here to see all the pictures!

No comments: