Friday, December 31, 2010

Last day of the year!

It's the last day of 2010 and although the sun is shining brightly it is cold! Last time I checked at 7:30 AM it was 33 degrees! So I decided that the best way to keep warm this morning (aside from throwing a log into the fireplace) was to bake something. The quickest and easiest was a batch of cornbread...yum! I also pulled out my brand new espresso maker that G&J gave me for Christmas. If you have never tasted Illy coffee then you are missing out! By the time I figured out how to run the machine the cornbread was ready. I served it with some of my pomegranate jelly and voila my last breakfast of the year was ready to go! It looked so pretty I took a picture of it to share it with you.
Yesterday I did a short little hike up to Skyline Drive in Fullerton to see the view. The last rain we had made for quite a bit of snow up in the mountains. Here is a view of the surrounding mountains. Doesn't really look like southern California does it?

Today I am trying to finish organizing all my filing. I have to admit this is one of my weaknesses. I am not good at keeping up with it all so it stacks up all year. Anyone have any ideas to keep this paper monster from taking over your desk? I think the fist thing I should do is invest in a good shredder!I better go and tackle the stacks and enjoy the rest of this beautiful day.

No comments: