Monday, May 03, 2010

Nature hike
From 2010 May 2 - Nature Hike in the Heights
Yesterday afternoon Grace and I went for a nature walk up on the trails by my place. There really are some great hiking trails and right now everything is very green and lots of plants are blooming. The path was lined with purple thistle flowers, queen anne's lace, daisies, lavender and lots of other plants I don't know the names of. There was one place on the trail where the hill was covered with cactus that was all in bloom. I took some pictures of the cactus flowers and even managed to get a couple stickers stuck in my fingers... ouch! We even ran across some wild life... cute bunnie rabbits... birds... butterflies... lizards... and (Now don't freak out Mom!) a small snake that was crossing the path! OK, that one did freak me out a little bit! We ended up right under the tunnel at Colima then turned around and came back. It was a beautiful day for a hike!

No comments: