Monday, March 17, 2008

An Art Filled Weekend...
Saturday evening Grace and I attended the 35th anniversary dinner for the Biola Art Department. It was an evening full of memories and seeing some fellow classmates I had not seen in decades! I was a student in the department from 1986-1988 and Grace from 1996-1999. We both had some of the same professors like Barry Krammes and Dan Callis who are still teaching today. I ran into a couple of old classmates. One of which was Tim Timmerman who is now at George Fox University. I had not seen him in over 20 years and he is the same funny guy! He entertained the audience with his skits and humor... I haven't laughed that hard in a long time! Sunday morning after church Grace, Jon and I drove into LA to the Hammer Museum and then picked up Dominic at the Convention Center. He was in town from PA for a trade show. I hadn't seen him since he moved three years ago so it was a fun reunion. We took him to the Getty Center since he had never been there and Jon was checking out some of the video exhibits for his senior project. It was such a beautiful, clear, sunny day! Great for outdoor photos! We had lunch and then walked around a couple hours looking at some of the exhibits. Then back outside to relax and enjoy the view. We ended the evening with a drive down to Irvine to have dinner at our favorite place, Lucca's. Our favorite waiter, Oliver, was there and took great care of us. The food was amazing as usual.

See all of the pictures here: http://chiarapics.spaces.live.com/

No comments: