Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Thank God for good friends and neighbors...
Last night I got home about 6:30 pm or so after working out on the track....tired...sweaty...hungry... a shower seemed like such a wonderful thing especially since it was really cold outside. I come on in put my things down and head for the kitchen to wash my hands and get something to eat. Turn the faucet on..... oh dear..... what? No water? That's weird. Now what do I do? I have no idea where to start looking. So I grab my phone and keys and walk up the street to Charlotte's. I explained my dilemma and asked if her son Bill was around to help me figure this out. He has gone to the store, but dear Charlotte has me come right on in. Serves me a nice bowl of hot lentil soup and some homemade cornbread. Mmmm...so delicious. So we decide to call my other neighbor across the street to see if he can help. Topper is gracious enough to come out in his bathrobe to check the meter and see whats wrong. Just as he thought...the construction guys broke something and instead of fixing it they just turned it off. SIGH! I thank him and go back inside. Uggg...I need a shower! I call Desiree and tell her my sad story so she tells me to come on over and take a shower. In the mean time it had started to pour down rain. So I quickly gather some things and head on down the hill. On my way there I call Charlotte and give her an update and she tells me that I am more than welcome to go over and spend the night in her extra bedroom. I feel so blessed and cared for! So after a nice hot shower, hot cup of coffee and some delicious cookies at Desiree's I head on back up the hill. Charlotte has everything ready in the spare room with a towels and all. When I got up this morning she had left everything ready for breakfast on the kitchen counter, even the coffee pot ready to go. All I had to do was plug it in. I enjoyed a glass of fresh squeezed orange juice, a bowl of cereal, a slice of bread and a nice hot cup of coffee. It is so nice to have such wonderful friends...I am so blessed!

1 comment:

jeric2003 said...

I love that you have a neighbor called "Topper"!