Wednesday, February 22, 2012

I'm a big fan!


I am a big fan of The Pioneer Woman's cooking show on the Food Network.  Last Saturday morning, Ree made some delicious looking chocolate cookies which I knew I had to make and share.  

This was an easy recipe and the cookies turned out really good too!  I got 24 cookies in the batch but depending on the size the cookie cutter you use you could probably get a few more.  Here are my step by step pictures...

Chill the dough a few hours or over night

Roll out the dough (to about 1/8 inch thickness) on a floured surface



Cut with a cookie cutter and place on a cookie sheet and bake for about 8 minutes.


Allow to cool completely before decorating.  Melt chocolate and white chocolate discs separately


For the toppings I just used things I found in my pantry.  Sliced almonds, pistachios, candy coated chocolate pieces and shredded coconut.  



Add a bit of the melted chocolate and sprinkle with the toppings... Enjoy!


See Ree's post and recipe for the cookies here.


No comments: