Sunday, October 03, 2010

A Great Day at MCAS Miramar

I just spend an amazing day at the MCAS Miramar Airshow yesterday. This has become an annual tradition for me and I love every minute of it! I got there right at 8 AM when the gates opened. So while I was waiting for the rest of the family to arrive I walked around to see some of the static displays and booths. At the face painting booth Staff Sgt Tatum did a great job painting the Soldier's Angels emblem on my arm. Feels great to be surrounded by the few, the proud...

The kids arrived just in time to watch the simulated ground and air attack with all the big explosions. It's always thrilling to watch and it makes you proud of our troops and all the hard work they do to keep us safe everyday here and around the world. From the Golden Knights, to the amazing Harriers to the wonderful Blue Angels... it was a beautiful day and a great show!The guys at the face painting booth geared us up and got us ready to pose... (although not everyone could hold their game face!)
Can't wait until next year!

No comments: