Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

I can never thank my Mom enough for being the best Mom ever!  I admire her strength and courage to go to a foreign country far away from all her family and friends and raise and teach five kids.  (And this was well before all the modern technology that we take so much for granted today!)  There was no "Skyping" with grandparents.  They wrote letters that would take weeks and sometimes months to arrive.  There was no Google or internet to look something up.  There were no cell phones, iPods, CD's or microwaves that most of us use without a second thought.


But there was time.  Time to learn and do school together. Time to watch my mom cook meals from scratch everyday. Time to sit down at the table and eat together at every meal.  There were good times and bad times but I could always count on my Mom being there.

So, today I say "Thank You, Mom!"


Thank you for loving me.  (Even though I was a crier!)


Thank you for teaching me about Jesus.


Thank you for teaching me how to read.


Thank you for getting the nasty bug out of my eye.  (I still remember that day!)


Thank you for all the time you spent with us.

I love you!


No comments: