Thursday, March 29, 2012

Homemade Mac 'n Cheese

This week I was signed up to bring a meal for a friend and her family.  So I decided to try The Pioneer Woman's recipe for macaroni and cheese.  I figured it should be a hit with the kids, right?  

So I gathered the cast of characters.  These are the usual suspects...most likely you will find most of them hanging around your pantry and fridge.  Nothing too out of the ordinary but when you put them together that's when the magic happens!



Oops!  These two were camera shy and didn't make it into the "group shot" :)




   You can find Ree's step by step directions here.  I used whole wheat penne instead of regular macaroni just because that's what I had in my pantry.  Hope you give it a try sometime.  It's an easy recipe that delivers lots of great taste!




No comments: