Sunday, June 12, 2011

Monsters and Elephants and Lions, Oh my!

It's not everyday you get to create 36 unique "monster" cupcakes for a one year old's birthday party
or paint safari animals cut out of plywood for Adventure week at church but sometimes God surprises me with unique opportunities to use the talents He has given me. This weekend that is just what I did. I worked on baking these a couple evenings ago and then decorated then late Friday and finished them up early on Saturday morning. It was fun coming up with unique designs for each one. Even though the party had to be moved indoors because of the rain we all still had a great time celebrating with Cole.


A month or so ago my friend Laura approached me about painting some animals for the safari themed vacation Bible school this summer. Kim, Tiffany, Hanako and I all worked painting lions, gorillas, and elephants. I can't wait to see how they all will turn out!
I've been learning to listen to the Lord's gentle reminders to use my talents in ways that I never have expected. So whether it is blessing a mom and her little one with decorated cupcakes or the many kids that will attend Adventure Week I'm doing it as unto the Lord!

No comments: