Wednesday, December 02, 2009

A Happy Thanksgiving

This year we all gathered at Donna & Greg's for the Thanksgiving meal. There are so many things to be thankful for! I have been blessed abundantly this year with wonderful family and friends. God's provision for all our needs is evident every day. After the meal we enjoyed a nice long walk. Friday we spent the day cleaning up and decorating the house. In the evening we had a wine & cheese night with friends which was very fun and the food was delicious! Saturday morning I went on a shopping adventure with Alyssa and we had a fun time finding some great deals. That afternoon I made the trek back to Imperial through a sandstorm, did more shopping with the kiddos and watched the old Christmas movie "Holiday Inn". Sunday was filled with church and more family time. Monday was time to get back on the road for the long drive home. Thankfully the traffic was not bad at all and I made it back in good time. That night I spent baking cookie for the annual cookie exchange at work. I made Surprise Snowballs. About seventeen ladies participated and I came away with a great tray full of holiday treats. I am mailing them all off to some servicemen in Afghanistan and Iraq as part of the monthly care package program of Soldier's Angels. Remember to pray for our troops especially this Christmas season.

No comments: