Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Yesterday morning I found this quote and put it up by my name on Messenger...
"Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it." Mark Twain.
Little did I know that later that afternoon I would literally be put to the test regarding forgiveness. Most of you know that I always put up a picture when I post and this one has none. Late yesterday afternoon while I was working out at a park two girls stole my purse and all my things from my car. This included my camera, hence no pictures. It is a scary thing to deal with, being robbed and stripped of all your "identity". And yet my friend later reminded me through it all to be thankful because it could have been worse. I was not hurt, my car was not stolen, and after all, those things that were taken are just material things. So I am praying and asking the Lord to help me learn to extend "forgiveness" in this circumstance and let go. It is hard but I pray it will be a growing experience in my trust of God.

1 comment:

KG Finfrock said...

Please tell me that you did change the locks to your home. I'm sorry to hear that you were robbed. I would hate to hear that a few weeks later your home was burglarized. It does happen, sad to say. I just had my keys stolen as to why they would want keys when they don't know me, I'll never know.