Sunday, November 26, 2006

Thanksgiving 2006 - Mom, Grace, Jon, Sara Patrick, Joy, and I all drove down to Yuma, AZ to celebrate Thanksgiving at Donna & Greg's. The food was great... although I do have to admit that the ham was great but I missed not having turkey! What a wonderful time we had spending time together. Alyssa and Joshua are growing so fast and are a joy and so fun to spend time with. We stayed until Saturday afternoon. I am thankful for the time we could all spent together as a family. I taught little Alyssa how to crochet. Gave Joshua piggy back rides and made endless funny faces at the camera! Helped decorate their tree and shared great moments talking, eating, drinking, eating... eating... ! The day ended with a beautiful sunset. As I reflect about the many many things this year that I am so thankful for it seems almost like an endless list. God has been so good and has brought so many people into my life this year! I have made many new friends this year who have touched my life and heart in a very special way! I would like to share a part of an email my friend Desiree sent me this Thanksgiving. It really sums up alot of what I feel... "I'm thankful for the sacrifices of the men and women who serve in our all volunteer military who have made it possible for us to gather this Thanksgiving Day without fear of religious or political persecution. Admiral Nimitz said of the Marines who fought on Iwo Jima during WWII: "Among the men who fought on Iwo Jima, uncommon valor was a common virtue." We live in a society that perpetuates selfishness but you won't find that kind attitude on the battlefield these days. We continue to breed heroes, the kind who would lay down their lives for the sake of others. I've been there, I've seen it, I'm humbled by it. This Thanksgiving, please take some time to pray for those who are serving overseas, as well as for the families they've left behind." Thanksgiving 2006 has come and gone but my heart is still brimming with thanks for all of the wonderful friends, family and blessings the Lord has given me.
You can see all the pictures from Thanksgiving here: http://chiarapics.spaces.live.com

No comments: