Saturday, February 16, 2008

This past week came and went in a blur! Monday at work we had a baby shower for Holly who is due in about another month or so. She is the cutest pregnant lady I have ever seen. She and her husband are waiting to find out if it will be a boy or girl... we are also anxious to meet this new little one soon! Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday I began my first of many weeks of technical training as we begin preparations to do a software conversion. It will take about 18 months or so to complete. Training was all day long and very technical. Hours and hours of learning about Banner, PIDMS, SPAIDEN, etc. etc. it is like learning a new language! Our trainer was very good and had a lot of patience. By the end of each day my brain was pretty overwhelmed. Friday I spent catching up after being away from my desk for three days. Lunch time was the "secret sweetie" reveal time where we found out who our secret sisters had been for the week. It was a nice opportunity to bless them that week with little goodies and verses. Then the party continued in the afternoon as our office celebrated Kevin's birthday. I was so ready for the weekend! Weekends since Lent began have been quiet and simple as I read and focus on Christ's ultimate sacrifice that we will celebrate on Easter. It has been a growing and refreshing time for me spiritually. I am thankful for the ability and opportunity to do this.



No comments: